Crush of the Week: Design Your Own Prada Heels
Every true fashionista knows that Prada shoes are super comfortable, and thats saying a lot for designer heels. This is why we are obsessed with their new Custom-Made Shoe Program. Customers can create a Made-to-Order Décolleté pump or peep toe — choosing between an array of five finishes, 27 colors, sole colors, and shoe-box colors. You can even opt to have your initials monogrammed on the soles. After designing and purchasing at the store, buyers can expect to have their new heels on their feet in a month.
This is a perfection option for all those fashionable brides out there, you are guaranteed to have shoes no other bride will ever have! Just think how amazing blue sole shoes would look in your pictures!
Here are some things to know about the program:
• Styles include a "Fashion" Pointy Toe, a classic pointed toe, peep toe, round toe, platform, and single-sole options, as well as a pointed toe that features a metal heel.
• You can choose between a 45 mm (kitten heel), 85 (mid-heel), and 110 mm (high heel).
• Customers can choose between satin, leather, Saffiano (Prada’s durable signature-stamped leather seen in many classic handbags), patent leather, and suede.
• The colors are extensive, and almost every color and shade imaginable will be offered, depending on the finish. For example, satin alone has 27 colors, including two shades of white and nude. For suede, there are 14 different colors available.
• For the sole, you can choose between black, a nude called "Lily of the Valley," or Prada's signature pale blue and add initials lettered in gold — so that everyone will know that these shoes are yours, if their specific color and finish don't already communicate that.
• Even the packaging is custom, with six different colors of boxes available so that you can color coordinate with other shoe boxes in your closet.
Prices start at $745